JSaw - The Constant Limit Poker Grinder
72os.com Freeroll Poker League
Poker League, Forums, Reviews, Videos, and Community
Sunday, January 30, 2005
  Where is my luck!
I've not had what I would call a good finish in a money MTT in a couple of weeks now some of it has been a bad play by me or not getting the right cards at the right time. But some of it has been I've been with out luck. I was playing a $5 MTT on UB last night and get in the SB. Blinds are 20/40 and 4 players have limped in so I also just limp. Flop comes


It is checked to MP who fires out 140 and called by the button. I'm sure I have the best hand right now so I bet the pot 7oo to get reraised by EP. MP folds Button calls I raise 45 more to go all in. I thought EP my have slow played a set on me but I had a feeling that my 8's were good. The players flip and EP shows and Buttons shows . I was glad to see there was no set and in fact I was ahead in the hand. I thought also with both players being on the flush draw I wound be good as long as they didn't spike an Ace or King.

Boy was I wrong...the turn brings the spade and I'm gone. I still think I made the right play here and would have been in great shape if my favorite held up!

And here is another hand where luck is not helping me out. Today in the ITH event I'm short stacked (after a bad play with 77). I get all my money in preflop with and am Heads up vs to see this flop:



I've now got a pair of queen great, but the turn brings the so I've now got the flush draw, queen, and ace for the win.

I catch a blank on the river. I know these are spots I don't want to get in, but it looks like I could get luck ever now and then. I just hope my luck turns in the right event so these suckouts and non lucky hands are made worth while!

My limit game is going good right now. I'm at UB working of one of my last bonuses to clear. After this I'll just have Full Tilt to work off. January got off to a rough start but has been a good month over all.


 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Enter the world of limit poker!